In Israel, Sharon Barak has made a new plastic alternative that looks like plastic and functions like plastic, but is not plastic at all, even though it looks and feels like plastic. I will biodegrade in nature and dissolves within minutes in water. You can […]
Single Use Plastic Elimination and Recycling (SUPER) task force on Salt Spring Island
SUPER – Single Use Plastic Elimination and Recycling task force – is a small group of Salt Spring Island residents who are trying to incentivise the elimination of as much single use plastic as possible both on our island and beyond. We also work to ensure that the rest, along with other plastics, are recycled.
We aim to do this through research, education and outreach, trying to create change through encouraging and proposing amicable steps and resolutions by both businesses and consumers.
======== FOLLOW US ========
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Zero waste stores in Victoria
- Plastic free tips and pledges 1 – 4 from SUPER
- How A Family of 5 Creates Almost Zero Waste! – Life With Less Waste
- Researchers discover an alarming amount of buried plastic
- Improving Canada’s recycled output will take ‘radical changes’
- The alarming trend of beached whales filled with plastic explained
- 187 countries agree to restrict global plastic waste trade
- Zero Waste Stores are popping up all over Europe
- Your so called biodegradable plastic bag might not actually biodegrade
- UK To Ban Plastic Straws, Cotton Swabs, and other Single Use Plastics
- New plastic alternative that dissolves within minutes
- Plastic Threatens Human Health at a Global Scale